Our Role Assisting Licensors in assessing their License Agreements
Intellectual property assets have been gaining increased recognition, with licensing at the forefront as owners have been looking for new opportunities to increase their business' cash flow. Companies and institutions leading the forefront have recognized that to properly manage their license agreements they need to be proactive rather than reactive. How can we help? We work with clients to maximize their licensing revenues while preserving their relationships with their licensees.
With over a decade of experience in contract compliance matters relating to license, joint venture and other contractual agreements, we offer a team with strong forensic accounting skills and a broad range of industry experience serving clients around the world. Our clients have spanned a wide range of industries including:
- Technology (both hardware and software);
- Entertainment; and,
We assist clients with a full range of licensing and royalty collection challenges including:
- Advising on the risks associated with your license portfolio
- Assisting with the development of a licensing compliance program including strategies to identify, monitor and enforce your licenses;
- Conducting forensic based examinations of a licensee's or business partners compliance with the terms of applicable agreements and royalty reporting procedures;
- Providing expert witness support; and,
- Assisting licensees in assessing their compliance with the applicable agreement(s).
In addition to the experience described above, we have presented numerous workshops and presentation on licensing and intellectual property issues to the profit and not for profit community.
Contact us for more information